Monday, October 29, 2007

Handmade Pledge

Here is a pledge that I like! A pledge to only buy handmade when possible! For me it means no Target toys for the cousins, no silly gift certificates for Grandparents. I might just have to put the pledge aside for one thing this holiday season, so I do not have to answer this "why Santa did not bring a Nintindo DS for Christmas"..... "Well honey cuz the Elves have those made in China honey?" But really this is a good thing, I urge you to do you best and to buy hand made when ever you have the option. I know what it means for me personally when someone buys handmade from me. It helps make ends meet, it supports my crafty habits and I really get so excited to know that someone is going to look so cool wearing one of my aprons, or their kitchen will be totally kitsch. I love that. so make a crafters day and buy handmade!

To take your pledge go to buyhandmade.org


Why Buy Homemade?

Buying handmade is better for people, better for the environment, and better for giving truly special and well-crafted gifts. The ascendancy of chain store culture and global manufacturing has left us all dressing, furnishing, and decorating alike. The connection between producer and consumer has been lost. Buying handmade helps them reconnect.






1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awesome! I took the pledge.