Saturday, February 28, 2009
For two days I have been sick, sick, sick. But still, I am a lucky girl--look what my man brought to my sick bed. The latest Vogue, Diet Dr. Pepper and my Pretty in Pink DVD. He's the best. If you have to feel this lousy, you might as well have some good stuff to comfort you, right?
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I am such a bad housewife, I never know what is for dinner. But in an attempt for change that the kids and I made up a general weekly menu. Sunday is Pasta, Monday is my choice of Meat and Potatoes (MeTato Night) and Wednesday is sandwich and smoothy night. We all like this one for various reasons, it is no surprise that I like it cuz is a no-fuss meal.
Tonight I was in the mood for soup to go along with my sandwich so I found this Asian Chicken Soup recipe, it was easy and it was soooo yummy! I actually had all the ingredients, that never happens. There might be hope for me yet!!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The award for Best Dress goes to Marisa Tomei. As I was curled up in my warm bed cutting out owl pieces and parts, my jaw dropped when I saw this dress. WOW! Imagine how many hours the stitchers needed for this dress.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
I am so tired of the grey days of Virginia winter. Last night I dreamt of trimming wisteria and raking leaves. I need to get dirty, don't I? I do see there is hope, that spring will come--this is what I found on my early morning walk today. It ain't much, but I'll take it!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
It has really been cold the last few day. When it's this cold we tend to do school upstairs on my bed, or in the kids rooms. Yesterday we were going to play a round or two of "Up Words" for spelling time. That never happened! Silly cat, "I'm trying to teach here!!"
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
The kids had their first sewing lesson today. We have been working on a Unit Study for Leonardo da Vinci, honestly they have not been feeling it until we came across his journal drawing of a parachute. The book we are reading explained someone recently followed his instructions and made a da Vinci parachute themselves, and they found that the 400 year old idea was sound, and worked wonderfully.
Well, that got us to wanting to get innovative. The kids drew their versions of his parachute, made a pattern, grabbed some linen from the studio and got cutting. I've been avoiding teaching them how to sew but today it just flowed, they were naturals.
Aidan is now a pro at pinning. I heard him repeating "in, tilt and through" about 50 million times.
Maddie is an iron goddess! I can get used to that kind of child labor!!!
Here we go. I have FINALLY started working on one of the new lines. This is the first mock-up (not the real fabric) of my new apron, I've wanted to have a sexier apron, and here it is. The new line will not only feature this new halter top style apron but will also feature tablecloths made from outdoor quality cotton. What about the oilcloth Modern June is known for? No worries we'll mix that right into this new Paris Flea Market Collection.
I'll need a sassy French ladies name for this apron, any ideas?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
What turned me around? My kids. We have really connected again. We have also been very social this winter, that has been a big help. Since I have limited my Modern June wares to 4 basic products, I have had a lot more time for them. We've been getting along a lot better, and school is not too much of a daily fight.
They don't know it, but I'm working on my list... remember my To Do in January list I made back in November? Well I'm getting it done and boy aren't we having fun!
- Work on the 1,000 piece puzzle again. We started it yesterday, but I opted for 750 pieces.
- Hang out with my kids A LOT MORE (this=sewing less) Doing it!!! LOVIN' IT!
- Fnd 30 minutes to cover up my gray hair. Hasn't happened yet, but I did get a cute haircut yesterday! Brandon, at the Great Clips at Virginia Center Commons is a real hairdresser, he actually razor cut my bob! I am loving him! This super cute well done razor cut $12.00 freaking dollars. I got lucky!
- Take yoga classes or do Yoga DVD (and not just once) I did yoga for 5 days straight in early January, does that count?
- Take kids to pool on Thursday afternoons. Gotta start this right away!
- Start dating again... my husband of course... silly people! : ) Oh yeah, gotta do this right away too!
- Start doing family game night again, BOARD GAMES ONLY! Not yet
- Start taking bubble baths again! I spent 5 hours re-caulking and scrubbing the tub yesterday so I could get this one underway!
- Have more on my life list than my work list... i.e. get a life : ) I am getting one!