Tuesday, July 15, 2008

science at home



Yesterday Aidan wanted to make a volcano. I told him that I was working and that we could do it during lunch. He assured me that I would not be needed, that he could do it himself. And that is just what he did. Maddie joined in on the fun and suggested that they play scientist. Aprons and goggles (3D glasses) were adorned and they got busy.



An hour later they had whipped me out of lemon juice and vinegar. A quick trip to the local grocer and they were set for the rest of the day. By dinner time my kitchen (even though I cleaned it 3 times) was a disaster and I was out of all baking soda, food coloring and vinegar yet again!



So for about 6 bucks they had a no Mommy--no TV--giggling good day! And I have a really clean counter top after all that baking soda and vinegar! LOVE THAT!

1 comment:

Dawn Anderson said...

Ha! I love kids who love science! Let me know and I can score some real safety glasses for them!