Friday, February 17, 2012

Great Book: The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos


A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a new book, The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos by Heidi Adnum. I have to say that this book is rocking my world. You might have noticed that I take some really bad photos. Well, I've been blaming my camera for years while dreaming of the day that I can afford a "real" one. Guess what? It's been me along!!

before tweaking in iPhoto

I woke up in the middle of the night all ticked off about a work thing and I was unable to get back to sleep. Instead of tossing and turning I pulled out this book, as I figured that it would help me nod off. Man, was I wrong! I think I read the first 22 pages three times! I was soaking up the information and fighting the urge to get up and grab my camera.

after tweaking in iPhoto

So this morning, between math lessons with my son, caring for my sick girl, and preparing for my Junie's arrival, I stole some time to play. I've never in my life taken a photo with shallow DoF (depth of field, but I did today!

And I can't wait to learn more! We've got new doggie mats to photograph, and it'd be really nice if the photos looked great!! Stay tuned!!!

No comments: