Monday, January 25, 2010

Adventures in Thrifting!


It was all about the embroidery in Lakeside, my go to place for kitschy-kitchen goods.
The two new milk glass pieces were found south of the river, there was a lot more but I have to picky at this point. If you need punch cups I have got the place for you, Good Samaritan in Southside Plaza. I have to find a use for punch cups, I just can't let those cuties sit there collecting dust! 

This was the find of a decade, vintage cookbooks. The exact same editions that I grew up with. Published in '67, a year before I was born.  My mother probably received them as graduation gifts. I have been looking for my own set for years and years. When I as young I used to flip through that Betty Crocker for hours, enjoying all the cool mid-century drawings of happy woman entertaining happy people. I have no doubt this helped start Modern June!!! It's all about making memories.


1 comment:

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Great finds! The deer embroidery is super cute. I have that Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. I received it as a wedding gift when I was [gasp] 19. I still sometimes refer to it. (Suddenly feeling very old.)