I have been challenged to make a Valentine by one of my faithful readers! My new friend in Seattle, Terri, reminded me this morning of her request for Valentine ideas. I pondered on this all day -- and I have had a blast.
Today begins ModernJune's 1st Designers Challenge! So, between Feb 1st through Feb 13th, I will be accepting entries.
The challenge is...
- Make a beautiful Valentine for someone you love
- You must only use what you have. No going to buy the perfect cardstock! : )
- You must upcycle something from the craft in which you specialize (if you are a jeweler you have to use beads or chains). I used an old tattered vintage apron.
- Go to your scrap bag or box and dig out something great and use it.
- Use a vintage piece. Or something that you have had so long it seems vintage!
- Use what you love!
You are hereby challenged to make a beautiful something and send me a photo! Email it to Kelly@ModernJune.com, and I will post them here on my site, or maybe I'll create a flickr group -- we'll see later. But for now, go out... NO stay in - cuddle up and get crafty! And, BTW leaving comments makes me feel less lonely!
Just one more thing...
I took a lot of "how-to pictures" of this project. This morning I spent hours creating a longer verison of this post, and it got sucked into the great black blogger hole... blogger went down this afternoon URG! So instead of recreating, I am posting the photos on my flikr account!