Saturday, November 30, 2013

How to care for your Chalk Cloth products!

 
When your chalk cloth arrives it's a nice solid black, if you were to write on it at this point you would end up with ghost lines. Meaning, if you write "pie is yummy" on the black cloth, your going to see a faint outline of those words. I prefer to cure my chalk cloth so it looks like a fabric chalkboard. This just requires a little TLC.
 Start by rubbing a piece of chalk cloth from side to side with the broad side of the chalk.
Then with a damp cloth wipe off the chalk. This will leave your chalk cloth gray and smeared, so grab a second towel that is just a bit damp and wipe it off again, this removes the remaining chalk. You are now good to go!
 
The chalk will have scratched your fabric here and there, this is normal. This is what give your fabric the appearance of a chalkboard.
Doodle on my friends... Doodle on!
What about clean up time? No worries there. I made NY Strip stakes for Thanksgiving and I dribbled all over the runner while serving. Oops! After dinner I just spritzed the runner with a mild cleaner and wiped it down with a dish rag and it was as good a new!
When the parties over roll that runner up on to the cardboard tube it came on so it's nice a pretty for the next big event. Or, better yet leave it out for everyday use! You'll find lots of uses, I promise! How about the worlds longest Honey Do list? Oh... I like that idea, a lot! 

No comments: