Thursday, June 19, 2008

good bye Debbie Downer

& HELLO Delightful Daisy!

I have such wonderful crafty friends, several people that care about me so very much! Friends that worry about me and our family. I don't think I realized just how much they worry about until our year got really hard with the kids and school and they saw me falling apart at the seams. This year was a hard one, I won't lie! Through their concern and advise I have realized just how much I bitch and complain. I realized today that I never tell them the happy parts of my life.

I don't want to be that person, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer that is always in crisis. Enough drama already. Tonight I am going to start a doing a little weekly gratitude post.

Recently the highlight of our week has been the Wednesday mornings park day, we have been joining a great group of homeschoolers at the park for RECESS. During the "school" year the kids spent an hour participating in organized games. But for the summer we are just letting them run free.

Maddie has a couple of girls that she is growing increasingly fond of! And tadpoles to bring home and watch grow. Aidan has really been handling the outdoor play nicely and is playing with kids of all ages for the first time in a long while. I know these things seem simple and basic but they can be hard for Aidan to do with grace.

But for me it is the MOMMA'S! I have met a bunch of friends that are dealing with the trials and tribulations of homeschool life. It has been great to know that I am not alone in my struggles. It is really nice that there are several Mom's with girls that are going through the crazy Tween stuff too. We sit there and talk about it all! Which math program is working, to which child refuses to do anything with out attitude, to how our husbands drive us crazy. Basic girl talk!

So that is what I am grateful for today. That and the fact that I have friends that will risk really ticking me off by telling me that something has to change. That solutions are there for me to explore. I am grateful that I have something nice to share!

xoxox!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really fun park. We went once and M. loved the creek.

I'm glad you've found a place to relax for both you and your kids.

Beth Allums said...

love you babe